Saturday, June 22, 2013

- beauty box 5 june unboxing


Happy Saturday, everyone! I was really excited to come home from a trip to the city and see that my very first Beauty Box 5 was waiting for me! I've been really into the idea of subscription boxes and this one seemed right up my alley because every month you get four-five deluxe sized beauty samples sent straight to your door. The cost is only $12/month which is reasonable, especially to try out new products. As a disclaimer: I am not being paid by Beauty Box 5 to review their boxes. I pay for my own subscription and any opinions I have are solely mine.



* Just Being Sexy Body Bronzer. Beauty Box was generous enough to give me two samples of this liquid bronzer. I've had some experiences with self-tanner that weren't necessarily the greatest (read: streaky and embarrassing) so at first glance I'll admit I'm a little skeptical on using this product. That being said, I'll give it a chance at least once to see if I can maybe make it look presentable. This retails for $49.00 for 6 fl oz. You can use the code beautybox5 on Just Being Sexy's website before July 15 and save 15%.


* Coolway Cool Cleanse Shampoo & Coolway Cool Hydrate Conditioner. After a little internet research, I found out this brand is known for helping damage prone hair by gently hydrating it. The size of these samples is perfect for traveling and I can't wait to try it on my hair. The full size retails for $25 each for 8.6 oz. You can use the code BB5 on Coolway's website before July 15 to save 15%.


* Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Facial. The first thing I noticed when opening this is that it said "rose hips." Anyone who knows me knows I love anything rose related. That being said, I was a bit thrown off by the brown, molasses colored liquid in the bottle (and the fact that there was no safety seal). I'm not sure if I can explain the scent, but it doesn't really smell like roses to me - big bummer. This is a mask, not just soap, so I'm kind of intrigued to try it despite the interesting smell and color. The full size retails for $18 for 4 oz. 


* Minxxette Brush Hanger. How ironic that this came in my box today! I just bought new brushes and brush cleaner while at Sephora so this little gadget is perfect. It's hard to see, but there's a suction cup attached to what kind of looks like a toothbrush holder. You stick it on the wall and hang your brushes in it to dry. This helps prevent the breaking down and shedding of bristles. This is the small size (which is the full size, assuming there may be a medium or large as well?) and it retails for $4.69.

Overall, I'm intrigued by Beauty Box 5 and what they have to offer. I can't say I loved everything in this box, but I like having options and the ability to explore new brands that I may not have heard of otherwise. 

Do any of you subscribe to Beauty Box 5 or any other monthly boxes? If not, have you thought about trying one? I have to say, it's pretty nice getting a little "gift" in the mail!


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try the brush hanger. The only other one I've seen was on Kandee Johnson's youtube channel and it was bulky

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete