Friday, June 28, 2013

- caitlin in the kitchen vol 1

Hello, everyone! It's finally Friday and time for a new feature. To those who know me, it's no surprise that I love to cook and with Pinterest readily available at my fingertips, I have endless recipes to try and share. Last night I was in the mood to make something so I went on to my "Yummy Things" board and picked a recipe for Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars!




What you'll need: 2 cups crisp rice cereal, 2  1/2 cups quick oats, 1/3 cup honey, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 5 tbsp unsalted butter (make sure it's unsalted!), 1 tsp vanilla (which I forgot to picture), and 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips. I didn't follow the recipe's measurement for chocolate chips, I just used my best discretion :) 





Note to self - adding the honey last is probably the best idea, because the rest of your ingredients will stick to whatever you used to measure out the honey.


Make sure not to let it boil, the butter and brown sugar could burn, causing a burnt taste in your bars.



Coat the pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking.



These bars were delicious! The only thing is most of them kind of crumbled, which I noticed was a frequent comment on the original recipe page. I wonder if maybe letting the bars sit outside the oven for 2 hours might help make them less fragile, but I'm not too sure. Either way, they were so good and for the ones that fell apart, I'm just mixing everything together and eating them like granola. 

If you liked this recipe, you can follow me on Pinterest and take a look at my "Yummy Things" board. It's probably the one I pin to the most out of any other. You can click my icon on the side under my about me, or click here to go directly to that board.

I hope you enjoyed the first post of Caitlin in the Kitchen, I have to admit it's pretty fun to have a name that goes with the things I like to do (crafting, cooking). If you make these granola bars on your own, link me to a post or send me pictures. Let me know how they turn out for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment