Thursday, July 4, 2013

- stitch fix round one


Happy fourth everyone! I know it's been a few days since I last posted, but I've been waiting for my box from Stitch Fix to come in the mail so I could share it with you! I've seen a few different bloggers participating in this subscription box, and as you could probably tell by my post on BeautyBox, I love getting things in the mail (even if I'm technically the one who purchased it) and I felt Stitch Fix was pretty unique and right up my alley.

The rules are pretty simple. Stitch Fix sends you five items of clothing/accessories hand-picked by a  stylist who decides what to send you based on your style questionnaire (which is super detailed and awesome!). You can choose what price point you want your items to be at - I picked the lowest possible - and what types of items you want included in your fix. Once receiving the box, you can try on all the items, which is my favorite part because since you have it at home, you can put pieces together with your existing wardrobe, and decide which ones you want to keep. If you keep all five items, you receive 25% your entire purchase - which in my box this time would save me $45. If you don't like anything, you can simply send it back in the pre-stamped bag within three business days and receive no extra charge. Also, anything you buy you get a $20 credit, which is how much you spend for the subscription, toward any item(s). It's really pretty incredible. But, enough chatter, and on with what I got in my box!


Isn't the packaging so pretty?


The first thing you receive is an envelope personalized to you with a reminder of how the box works and an itemized list of everything in your fix.


On every item there is a styling guide provided by your stylist to give you ideas on how to wear each item and what to pair it with.



Honey Punch Jackson Striped Racerback Dress $38. This dress is super soft and really lightweight. The picture doesn't show it well (because of course I had to take these myself) but the straps are about an inch thick and the hem hits right about mid-thigh. I really like that the waist is defined and gives the dress some shape.


Everly Denay Watercolor Print Sleeveless Top $38. When I first took this out of the box I wasn't sure how I felt about it because it seemed a bit shapeless. When I put it on and paired it with a black pencil skirt I have in my closet, I fell in love with it. I really like the watercolor print. As you can see it's pretty sheer, but with a bandeau top and a cardigan it's perfectly work appropriate.


Lovposh Cora Pleated Detail Shorts $48. I cannot explain how excited I was to open the box and find high-waisted shorts. They were a bit wrinkled from the shipping process, but I seriously did not want to take them off. The fabric is so soft and they can be dressed up or down. Even better, they're not super short and actually cover my "assets." The neutral color goes with everything.


Colourworks Gaia Mesh Trim Jersey Tank $38. This was probably the only thing I really didn't care for in my box. The fabric was so soft and pretty that I wanted to like it, but as you can tell in the picture it's extremely baggy on me. The mesh just isn't my taste, either.


Adia Kibur Chevron & Solid Enamel Bangle Set $38. These bracelets are really adorable and I'm surprised at how well they fit me. Usually I tend to shy away from bracelets because my wrists are really tiny and they just hang off. I love chevron lately (who doesn't?) so I was glad to see there was some included in my fix. Generally I don't like gold too much, but paired with the black I really didn't mind.


I have to say I'm really quite impressed with my first fix, and I'm going to have to decide which items I'm going to keep! If any of you have tried Stitch Fix, let me know how you feel about it and some of the things you've received. If you haven't, does this seem like something you'd be interested in?



No comments:

Post a Comment